I love hot chocolate…like really. I’ve been wanting to sit down and post this recipe but I have been so busy with unpacking and organizing. I’m back now and have no plans for any additional interruptions. I will include a few different versions for you to try as well.
So let’s get started…shall we?
Serving Size: 1
1/2 cup white chocolate chips (substitute with vegan chocolate for vegans)
3/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup half and half (substitute with vanilla non dairy creamer for vegans)
a few drops of vanilla extract (optional) (omit for vegans)
a pinch of Salt
Toppings of choice: Whipped Cream (coconut whipped cream for vegans), Candy canes, etc.
1 Small pot
1 Coffee Mug
- Take your pot and add all ingredients.
- Place your pot on the stove and turn it on low.
- Next, whisk all ingredients until the chocolate chips are melted and the white hot chocolate is warm enough for your liking. Make sure not to over heat the mixture or burn it.
- Remove the pot and pour your hot chocolate into the mug.
- Now it is time for the fun part! Add whatever topping you like. My favorite’s are coconut whipped cream, sprinkles, and a candy cane.
If your hot chocolate is too sweet you can adjust it by adding more almond milk or a bit more salt.
For adults a delicious alcoholic version can be made be adding half a shot(or to your liking) of peppermint schnapps or whiskey.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. It is one of my favorites. The crowd goes wild every time I make it.
Thanks for hanging out with me today!