One of my favorite ways to end my week is to take a nice relaxing bath. I don’t always have a chance to relax as much as I like. It is nice to sit and let go. Take a moment to fill your mind with positive thoughts and affirmations. When I take a bath, adding bath salts to the water really ups the relaxation factor.
Bath Salt Soak Materials:
Lemon and Peppermint Essential Oil
Mason jar with lid
*Note: If you are sensitive to any of these materials or think you might be, do a patch test first.
1. Take the Epson salt and fill the mason jar about 3/4 of the way full, and set aside.
2. Take about 2 tablespoons, or so, of coconut oil and place it in the mixing bowl. Then, stir the coconut oil until it is smooth. You don’t have to worry if there are a few clumps.
3. In the same bowl add the essential oils (as much as you like) I used about 5 drops of lemon and 10 drops of peppermint for this mixture. Add a dash or two of baking soda and turmeric (mainly for color) Then mix well.
*Note: Turmeric can stain, a little goes a long way. Turmeric offers various benefits to the skin.
4. Once the ingredients are mixed add half of the Epson salt to the bowl and mix. After that is mixed well add the rest of the Epson salt from the mason jar.
5. Take a minute to enjoy how wonderful it smells. Yesssssss!
6. Lastly, place your mixture into your mason jar. Feel free to customize your jar. I added a simple bow.
Enjoy your refreshing bath.
Thanks for hanging out!